About the CCA
The Canterbury Community Association welcomes you to the Canterbury Community Centre located in the City of Ottawa’s Alta Vista Ward.
The centre itself is a city-owned facility and is part of the Canterbury Recreational Complex which also includes the Canterbury Pool and the Brian Kilrea Arena.
What is the Canterbury Community Association?
- A non-profit, incorporated body with an approved Constitution and By-Laws.
- Run by a volunteer executive committee, elected at its Annual General Meeting each October
- Active in the community for over 30 years
- Operates out of the Canterbury Community Centre
What does the Association do?
- Provides affordable and accessible programming for all age groups, such as a children’s after school care program, adult & senior fitness, karate for both adults and children, the Canterbury Dance Centre (tap, jazz, hip hop & ballet) for children, art, music, etc.
- Hosts special events such as a Christmas Craft Fair in November, a Spring Indoor Garage Sale in April.
- Represents community interests in such areas as traffic, urban planning, site plans & budgets.
- Sponsors municipal events such as All Candidates Meetings during municipal elections.
- Contributed significant funds to the renovation of the Canterbury Community Centre facilities.
- Funds capital equipment purchases for the Centre, and contributes to its life-cycle costs.
- Provides financial assistance for community improvements such as area playground equipment.
- Offers a scholarship program which recognizes the value of community involvement.
Feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to provide feedback about one of our programs, have suggestions for new ones or any other reasons concerning our Association.
The Canterbury Community Centre contains:
- Four multi-purpose rooms for small gatherings or meetings
- One main hall and a kitchen for larger events such as birthday parties or social functions
- One gymnasium with two basketball nets of adjustable height
- A dance studio which is also used as a fitness and yoga studio
- And, coming in December, 2017 – a new outdoor covered ice pad that will be a year-round recreation space
Please call the City at 613-247-4869 to book space.
During the months of July and August, the City of Ottawa operates a summer camp program. Please call the City for more detail on summer camps at 613-247-4869.
The CCA is proud to be able to work in partnership with the City of Ottawa to bring city residents a comprehensive programming schedule for all age groups, delivered by knowledgeable and experienced instructors in a caring and safe environment. Please note that swimming and skating lessons are offered by the City of Ottawa.
The CCA believes in working with its community partners in order to give local residents of all ages the programming and services they deserve!